|Showing posts under "Cycling Accidents"
|Claiming Personal Injury Damages for Whiplash
||Whiplash is an injury to muscles or ligaments in the neck and results from violent back and forth movement, often caused by rear-end collisions. If you suffer whiplash and have symptoms such as chronic pain, you can claim damages against the at fault driver for lost income, pain and suffering and other losses arising from your injury.
||Jan 03, 2019
|What you should know if you’re Hit by a Careless Driver while Biking
||In Canada, cyclists are more than twice as likely to be seriously injured or killed than vehicle occupants. Cycling injuries often result from careless driving actions, as in a recent case where a man was found criminally negligent in causing the death of a Mississauga cyclist and injuries to two other cyclists. Find out about your rights to injury compensation if you are hit by a car while biking.
||Sep 01, 2018
|Cyclist sustains Brain Injury and is awarded Damages against Municipality
||An Ontario judge found the defendant municipality 100% negligent in a biking accident, by failing to mark a bollard housing on a trail, which caused a cyclist to fall and sustain a serious head injury.
||Dec 11, 2017
|Ontario announces upcoming Changes for Distracted Driving Laws
||New Ontario Laws just announced to toughen penalties for distracted and careless driving, including using electronic devices while driving
||Sep 26, 2017
|Construction Company added as Defendant in Cycling Accident Claim against City of Ottawa
||A woman sustained a brain injury in a biking accident on an Ottawa street and claimed damages against the City of Ottawa and MTO. She later discovered that a contractor was responsible for work on the road where the accident occurred, and a judge allowed her motion to add the construction company as a defendant in her claim.
||Aug 23, 2017
|Municipality and Cyclist share liability in a Biking Accident
|| A man sustained spinal cord injuries and was rendered a quadriplegic, as a result of a biking accident on a City of Brantford trail. The court found that an unsafe condition on the trail and the cyclist’s actions, including his speed and evasive actions, both contributed to the accident.
||Jul 25, 2017
|Toronto Cycling Accidents caused by Streetcar Tracks
||A recent university study reveals streetcar tracks are a factor in about one third of cycling accidents in Toronto, when a cyclist's wheel gets stuck in the tracks.
||Aug 24, 2016
|Did unsafe Condition cause Trail Biking Accident?
||Owners or managers of recreational facilities, such as biking and hiking trails, can be held liable for injuries that result from a hazard or unsafe condition at the facility or park.
||Aug 09, 2016
|Cycling Accidents caused by Driver/Cyclist Error or Unsafe Conditions
||Most cycling accidents occur 'on-road' and are often caused by careless or negligent driver actions. The increasing popularity of off-road cycling means that the risk and number of these cycling accidents is also increasing, and sometimes unsafe conditions on private or public properties is the cause.
||May 15, 2016
- All Posts
- Bodily Injuries - Accident victims may suffer a wide variety of physical and mental injuries that result in diminished mobility and pain.
- CPP Disability Claims - Injured or disabled individuals who have paid into CPP are eligible to receive benefits.
- Car Accidents - Car and truck accidents are the leading cause of personal injury in Ontario.
- Cycling Accidents - Many Ontario communities offer very little infrastructure to keep cyclists safe and separate from other road users. This circumstance coupled with inattentive or reckless motorists too often results i
- Distracted Driving Accidents - Distracted driving is a leading cause of car accidents and personal injury.
- Dog Bites - Dog bites and attacks in Ontario generally result from irresponsible owner actions. Under the Dog Owners' Liability Act, dog owners can be held responsible for bites to other people or their pets.
- Impaired Driving Accidents - Car accidents caused by an impaired driver.
- Injury Compensation - Personal injury compensation may include damages for financial losses, loss of enjoyment in life, and punitive damages.
- Long term Disability Benefits - Individuals who are unable to work due to injuries or illness may be entitled to claim long-term disability benefits.
- Motor Vehicle Accident Benefits - Accident victims are eligible to make a claim for motor vehicle accident benefits under their vehicle insurance policy.
- Motorcycle Accidents - Motorcycle riders are particularly vulnerable to serious injury in the event of a motorcycle collision. When an accident is caused by a careless car or truck driver, an injured motorcyclist is eligib
- Municipal Liability - Municipalities may be liable for injuries if an unsafe condition on a municipal property or caused by a municipal service/employee resulted in injury to the public.
- Pedestrian Accidents - Pedestrian accidents often result in serious injury or death, and in many cases, are caused by motorists who are speeding or fail to monitor for pedestrians.
- Premises Liability - Under Ontario's Occupiers' Liability Act, an owner, tenant or someone responsible for the activities on a property, may be liable if someone is injured on an unsafe condition on the property.
- Recreational Accidents - Recreational accidents includes accidents resulting in injury while participating in organized sports, ATV and snowmobiling, water-related activities, and other recreational venues
- Slip Trip and Fall Accidents - A slip and fall or trip and fall accident may result in serious injuries. If these injuries were caused by an unsafe condition on a premises, the property owner may be held liable for damages.
- Spinal Cord Injury - Damage to the spinal cord causes spinal cord injury and the effects are generally reduced mobility and sensory functions, often with a devastating impact on the injured person's life.
- Traumatic brain Injury - When a violent blow to the head causes a traumatic brain injury, there may be tissue damage, bleeding, bruising and other damage that can cause long-term effects or fatal injury.