|Showing posts under "Long term Disability Benefits"
|When Arthritis causes Disability
||Arthritis is the number one cause of workplace disability and chronic pain for Canadians. Talk to an experienced ILO disability lawyer if your insurer disputes your arthritis disability claim.
||Apr 01, 2020
|Your Fibromyalgia Symptoms may entitle you to Disability Benefits
||The widespread pain, headaches and other symptoms common to fibromyalgia can be disabling and can interfere with a person’s ability to perform their job. When this occurs, fibromyalgia sufferers may qualify for disability benefits.
||Sep 01, 2019
|Arthritis a frequent cause of Long-term Disability for Canadians
||Arthritis is a leading cause of long-term disability in Canada, and arthritis symptoms can substantially interfere with the ability to effectively perform at work.
||Aug 02, 2018
|Assault Victims successfully claim Damages
||You may file a lawsuit for damages if you are intentionally injured by another person and may also be eligible for long-term disability benefits.
||Apr 18, 2018
|Judge rules that Group Insurer must pay after denying Applicant’s Long-term Disability Benefits
||Insurance providers for long-term disability plans sometimes deny coverage of owed benefits, most commonly on a finding that the applicant has not proven their illness/injury prevents them from returning to work; however, applicants are entitled to appeal denial of owed LTD benefits or file a civil action against the insurer.
||Jan 02, 2018
|Judge denies Defendant's Request for Neuropsychological Examination of Plaintiff in Long-term Disability Dispute
||After his long-term disability benefits were denied and his group insurer demanded a neurological examination, a claimant filed a suit for damages in connection with the denied benefits and also defended the insurer’s request for further examination, which is the subject of this article.
||Aug 09, 2017
|Long-term Disability Application Deadlines
||LTD plans have contractual deadlines for notifying your insurance provider that you have become disabled due to injury or illness and cannot work. There are also deadlines for submitting a claim with medical evidence for your disability. Missing these deadlines risks having your LTD claim denied.
||May 18, 2017
|Failure to disclose a Medical Condition can result in a voided Insurance Claim
||Honesty is the best policy when you are providing information on an insurance application. Your insurance contract is predicated on the information you gave and if you failed to disclose a pre-existing condition then your insurer may deny a future claim.
||Dec 09, 2016
|Reasons for Denial of Long-term Disability Claims
||There are several reasons why your insurance company may have denied your disability claim. In many cases, you were denied a legitimate claim for benefits and a revision to your application and disability lawyer can help get owed benefits.
||Oct 03, 2016
- All Posts
- Bodily Injuries - Accident victims may suffer a wide variety of physical and mental injuries that result in diminished mobility and pain.
- CPP Disability Claims - Injured or disabled individuals who have paid into CPP are eligible to receive benefits.
- Car Accidents - Car and truck accidents are the leading cause of personal injury in Ontario.
- Cycling Accidents - Many Ontario communities offer very little infrastructure to keep cyclists safe and separate from other road users. This circumstance coupled with inattentive or reckless motorists too often results i
- Distracted Driving Accidents - Distracted driving is a leading cause of car accidents and personal injury.
- Dog Bites - Dog bites and attacks in Ontario generally result from irresponsible owner actions. Under the Dog Owners' Liability Act, dog owners can be held responsible for bites to other people or their pets.
- Impaired Driving Accidents - Car accidents caused by an impaired driver.
- Injury Compensation - Personal injury compensation may include damages for financial losses, loss of enjoyment in life, and punitive damages.
- Long term Disability Benefits - Individuals who are unable to work due to injuries or illness may be entitled to claim long-term disability benefits.
- Motor Vehicle Accident Benefits - Accident victims are eligible to make a claim for motor vehicle accident benefits under their vehicle insurance policy.
- Motorcycle Accidents - Motorcycle riders are particularly vulnerable to serious injury in the event of a motorcycle collision. When an accident is caused by a careless car or truck driver, an injured motorcyclist is eligib
- Municipal Liability - Municipalities may be liable for injuries if an unsafe condition on a municipal property or caused by a municipal service/employee resulted in injury to the public.
- Pedestrian Accidents - Pedestrian accidents often result in serious injury or death, and in many cases, are caused by motorists who are speeding or fail to monitor for pedestrians.
- Premises Liability - Under Ontario's Occupiers' Liability Act, an owner, tenant or someone responsible for the activities on a property, may be liable if someone is injured on an unsafe condition on the property.
- Recreational Accidents - Recreational accidents includes accidents resulting in injury while participating in organized sports, ATV and snowmobiling, water-related activities, and other recreational venues
- Slip Trip and Fall Accidents - A slip and fall or trip and fall accident may result in serious injuries. If these injuries were caused by an unsafe condition on a premises, the property owner may be held liable for damages.
- Spinal Cord Injury - Damage to the spinal cord causes spinal cord injury and the effects are generally reduced mobility and sensory functions, often with a devastating impact on the injured person's life.
- Traumatic brain Injury - When a violent blow to the head causes a traumatic brain injury, there may be tissue damage, bleeding, bruising and other damage that can cause long-term effects or fatal injury.